The Long Walk to Freedom
Many South Africans offered much, some of them gave all. Nelson Mandela was one of the true heroes who united this democratic country. Come with us on this incredible journey where you will witness the pain and struggle of these tumultuous years. You will also have the opportunity to experience the beauty of South Africa through its national parks, major cities, sights, and incredibly friendly and hospitable people.
Day 1: Arrive (Friday)
On arrival in Johannesburg today, you will be met by an Alluring Africa representative and transferred to your hotel located in the upmarket suburb of Sandton. Protea Hotel Balalaika
Day 2: Full Day Private Apartheid Museum and Soweto Tour
This morning depart on a Full day private Apartheid Museum and Soweto Tour with your driver/guide. End the afternoon with a visit to Mandela House, Constitution Hill and to the Mandela Bridge Newton. Protea Hotel Balalaika (B,L)
Day 3: Full Day Private Liliesleaf and Lesedi Cultural Village Tour
After breakfast, depart on a private full day tour with your driver/guide to Liliesleaf Farm, where Nelson held key political and military debates. Continue to Lesedi Cultural Village for a tour and dinner. End the evening with an African feast at the Boma! Protea Hotel Balalaika (B,D)
Day 4: Pilanesberg Game Reserve
Transfer to Pilanesberg Game Reserve where you will spend 2 nights with a chance of seeing the Big 5 including Black Rhino, enjoy an
afternoon scheduled game drive. Black Rhino Lodge (BLD)
Day 5: Pilanesberg Game Reserve
Enjoy a morning and afternoon scheduled game drive. Black Rhino Lodge (BLD)
Day 6: Cape Town
Later this morning transfer to Johannesburg by road and connect with domestic flight to Cape Town. Transfer to Commodore Hotel (B)
Day 7: Full Day Private Tour
Today enjoy a full day private Table Mountain and Cape Peninsula tour, including seeing the Boulders Beach penguins . Commodore Hotel (B,L)
Day 8: Full Day Robben Island and District 6 Tour
Morning visit to Robben Island and afternoon visit to the historical
District Six Museum and Cape Town’s townships. Commodore Hotel (B)
Day 9: Day at Leisure
Explore Cape Town at your leisure. Enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel or a local restaurant on the Waterfront. Commodore Hotel (B)
Day 10: Depart
Enjoy your last day in Cape Town.
|Land Price||Per Person Sharing
|Per Person Sharing
|Jan. 1 – Mar. 31||$4,045||$3,048|
|Apr. 1 – Sept. 30||$3,950||$3,195|
|Oct. 1 – Dec. 31||$4,582||$3,460|
* Please request lower rates for parties of 6 travelers.
** Domestic flight Johannesburg/Cape Town (from $250 per person) not included in rates above.
*** Blackout dates apply.
- 3 Overnights at Protea Balalaika Hotel on a BB basis (Fri-Sun)
- 2 Overnights at Black Rhino Game Lodge on a FB basis + 2 game drives per day
- 4 Overnights at Commodore Hotel on a BB basis
- 2 x lunches (Soweto, Cape Peninsula)
- 3 x dinners (Lesedi, Local Home in township and Restaurant on the Waterfront or at the hotel)
- Transport in private touring vehicles
- Local English speaking driver on all transfers
- Local English speaking guide on all sightseeing excursions
- Entrance fees to sightseeing venues as stated in the itinerary above
- Porterage at airports and hotels (1 x standard piece of luggage per person)
- All accommodation on a shared basis;
- Meals as specified;
- Excursions and transfers as included
- Relevant park fees and entrance fees as specified;
- Accommodation taxes, the applicable Tourism Levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT) or Gov. Sales Tax (GST).